Time: August 11, 2015 to August 15, 2015
Location: Salisbury/Rowan County, NC
Street: 123 East Liberty St.
City/Town: Salisbury, NC
Website or Map: http://www.pleinaircarolina.c…
Event Type: plein, air, paint, out, and, workshop
Organized By: Phyllis Eaton Steimel with Event Steering Committee
Latest Activity: Jul 28, 2015
To combine the efforts of North Carolina visual artists, community leaders and the general public in a one week long event to include a three day Plein Air Workshop taught by Artist John Ebersberger, (Maximimum of 15 participants) and a two day “Plein Air Paint Out”, featuring numerous sites in Rowan County. (Let's all get out there and PAINT!)
The event will provide opportunities for aspiring young and interested adult painters to work alongside the region’s most successful working artists.
This activity was born out of a meeting of representatives of all of the NC Plein Air Organizations and we actively seek your participation.
Information about the NC Open Plein Air Paint Out Competition HERE
Below are the approved sites for August 14 and 15 Paint Out.
Please be aware that you are guests on public/private land. You are asked to please respect all properties and be sure to leave nothing behind.
Signs with Paint Out Logo at each site.
Restrooms Available: *
Addresses of sites and distance from Waterworks Visual Arts Center. See website for photos.
CITY OF SALISBURY……
1.Dr. Josephus W. Hall House .5 miles. Historic Museum/Home of Dr. who served at the Civil War Prison. Built in 1820. 26 South Jackson Street, Salisbury, NC 28144
2. The Old Rowan Courthouse * .1 mile, Spared in Stoneman’s Raid in 1865.
202 N Main St, Salisbury, NC 28144
3. Main Street, Innes and Fulton St. Salisbury .2 miles. Stores, restaurants, churches, monument, and historic district (If you paint on Fulton Street, stay on grass between street and sidewalk…unless you secure permission from homeowner).
4. Salisbury Historic Train Depot * 436 feet Built in 1908. Trains pass through frequently.
215 Depot St. Salisbury, NC 28144
5. Hurley Park 1.2 miles Paths, gardens, pond, fountain, gazebo, 14 acres!lis
Annandale Ave, Salisbury, NC 28144
6. Catawba College * 2.2 Miles Chapel, Historic Campus, 2300 West Innes, Salisbury, NC
STAY ON CHAPEL (East) SIDE OF INNES ! (Students will be moving into dorms.)
7. NC Transportation Museum * 2.6 miles . Historic Depot, Roundhouse, Steam Engines, planes, cars, etc. Plans to have one engine out of Roundhouse.
411 S. Salisbury Ave. Spencer, NC 28159.
8. Chandelle Farms 3.4 miles Horses, pond, barns. 565 Trexler Loop, Salisbury, NC 28144
9. Wil-Cox Bridge over the Yadkin, . 7.1 miles Built 1924 Approx. Under bridge, arches, river.
99935 Trading Ford Way, Linwood, NC. This address will get you close. There will be a right turn to a Boat Launch down to the river with a parking area. Best to go with a buddy or more.