59th Annual Mint Museum Garden Tour
April 21 & 22, 2012
Saturday 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., Sunday 1- 4 p.m.
Party and Plein Air Art Sale, Sunday 4:30-6:30 p.m.
All serious plein air painters are invited to participate in the Charlotte Garden Club's 59th Annual Mint Museum Garden Tour.
The Charlotte Garden Club has been an Affiliate of the Mint Museum of Art since 1954. It contributes to projects designed to beautify the Mint Museum and its grounds as well as projects which add to the beauty of Charlotte. Funds for the professional landscaping of the Museum's grounds come from the Club's sponsoring a Spring Garden Tour along with Art in the Garden where plein air artists sell their works painted during the event.
1. This is an RSVP event with a required ticket. To RSVP you must email Me, Scott Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which home you would like to paint and which day or days. I must coordinate to have only so many artists to a home and I must get you a ticket. When you email me please tell me which garden, and days, and if you will be at the garden party at the Mint Museum Sunday afternoon, and give me your cell #.
2. There is no cost to participate. We are only asked to contribute 20% of any sales during the event. Janet Nelson will collect the commission. I will have more info on the collection of these fund later. Remember they are giving you a great opportunity to get your paintings into the hands of some wonderful people.
3. Other guidance: Be very courteous to visitors not to block anyone's access or let paper towels get loose. Remember these homes and yards have been meticulously cared for so please be diplomatic where you set up at. Maybe if you very nice, an owner of a home may acquire one of your master pieces.
4. If you want to sell your works during the party at the Mint Art Museum. We will be out doors outside the main doors. You are welcome to sell other plein air works other than what you did in the gardens but recommend similar genre. The weather will either be good or bad. In past years we have set up an easel or two or table to show our works from 4:30 - 6:30 PM.
There are seven homes on the garden tour which are listed below with a map link.
1. Ralph and Susan Brackett, 4620 Carmel Club Drive
Sat. - Carole Bryant
Sun - Scott Boyle
2. Nancy Lopez-Ibanez & Michele Allison, 4627 Carmel Club Drive
Sun - Bruce Chandler
3. Trey and Sarah Pearce, 1900 Cortelyou Road
Sun - Mary S. Crow, Diane Overcash
4. Robert and Shelly Gray, 901 Colville Road
Sun - Gina Strumpf, Rob Freet
5. Toma dn Jeanie Cottingham, 836 Colville Road
Sun - Amy Queen Chappin, Cher Cosper,
6. Gary and Teresa Wolfe, 2501 Sherwood Avenue
Sun - Phyllis Knight
7. Peter and Nancy Covington, 3816 Bonwood Drive
Sat - Gina Strumpf, Rob Freet
Sun - Carole Bryant
On Saturday garden hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday hours are 1 to 4 p.m. followed by a party at the Mint Museum 2730 Randolph Rd. All artists are invited to the party and may display their work for sale from 4:30-6:30PM
For Questions contact Scott Boyle at email@example.com