General Discussions (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Photographing Your Artwork

Have you ever just completed a painting that you absolutely love...all the right values...brilliant color...eye catching compositions? Then…

Started by Jeremy Sams

15 Sep 20, 2013
Reply by Scott Boyle -admin

Plein Air Program to tape on TV.

Landscapes Through Time with David Dunlop A Landscape Painter - Time Warner channel 173 - Thursdays - 7:30 AM Very worth while viewing!

Started by James M. Cook

0 Jun 20, 2013

Plein Air Painters from all NCPAP groups are invited to May 3 Old Salem Painting Day

Please see details in event listing. Informal painting day with no registration required. We hope painters from several of the NCPAP groups…

Started by Carole K. Bryant

0 Apr 15, 2013

Plein air lighting for night scenes

I would like to try some nocturnal scenes, but I'm not sure what kind of lighting I need.  I bought a head lamp, but I'm don't think it is…

Started by Arlene Daniel

5 Jan 28, 2013

Hensche on color

Henry Hensche was a student of Charles Hawthorne and taught for many years at the Cape Cod School of Art. I first became aware of Hensche w…

Started by Phyllis Eaton Steimel

2 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by Boca PETE

How to Approach Potential Galleries for Representation

I've been a "professional" artist (I use that term loosely) for about 14 years now but have no gallery representation. I had a few, years a…

Started by Jeremy Sams

5 Jun 19, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Sams

Plein Air Umbrellas

I am looking to purchase an umbrella for my plein air adventures. Do you have any suggestions as to which one I should buy? I have a homema…

Started by Jeremy Sams

3 Apr 8, 2011

Solo Plein Air

Some ideas of how a female senior citizen could paint solo and feel safe. Any ideas anyone?

Started by Verna Hash

5 Oct 7, 2009
Reply by Mary Erickson

Meat and Potatoes

Scott, I remember the first time I'd ever painted plein air and it was because you'd shared the outing was going to be at Mary Erickson's a…

Started by Mona Hearne

2 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by Mona Hearne

Ok Now What?

Thanks for all who have made a comment to me about this Ning site. I know, it is exciting for me also. Now let talk about the meat and pota…

Started by Scott Boyle -admin

0 Sep 26, 2009

RSS

© 2017   Created by Scott Boyle -admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service