Time: October 27, 2017 to November 1, 2017
Location: Elizabeth City, NC
City/Town: Elizabeth City, NC
Website or Map: https://artsaoasite.files.wor…
Event Type: plein, air, pain, out, &, wet, painting, sale
Organized By: Debbie Tatum Sauls
Latest Activity: Oct 6, 2017
• Painting Area: Artist may paint any subject or scene outdoors he/she chooses in the Elizabeth City area (in town or on the outskirts). The painting(s) must be completed in the outdoor area and not from photographs.
• Painting Period: Begins at 9am Friday, October 27, 2017 and ends at 2pm Wednesday, November 1, 2017. All work must be received at Arts of the Albemarle (AoA) by 2pm Wednesday, November 1st. Artwork submitted after 2pm on November 1, 2017 will not be accepted.
• Required Registration and Entry Fees: Download the registration form or register online. Registration fee is $25 for AoA members or $30 for non-members. Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Check In & Canvas Stamping: All artists must check in at AoA (516 E. Main St. in Downtown Elizabeth City) at the Splash registration table between 9am and 5pm. All canvases must be stamped on the back prior to starting to paint (gesso underpainting is ok). Artists may have unlimited number of stamped canvases but can submit up to four pieces for jurying and for display/sale. Only stamped canvases can be shown or sold at this event. Maximum allowed canvas size is 16"x20". All pieces must be labeled with artist's name, title of work, and price.
• Juror: Munroe Bell, award winning artist from the Outer Banks who exhibits his work in North Carolina and Virginia in both group and solo exhibits. He was trained at the Atlanta School of Art and teaches at the Dare County Arts Council. • Ribbons and cash prizes: $500 first place; $350 second place; $150 third place, and Sponsor’s Award $200.
• Wet Paint Sale: Friday, November 3rd from 5:30-7pm, during First Friday ArtWalk. All work must be framed and properly wired to hang on the wall OR displayed on easels. Framed artwork will remain on display through the month of November. Only works created on the stamped canvases will be for sale. No previously painted work will be accepted for the sale.
• Proceeds from the Wet Paint Sale: For all artwork sold, 35% of the sales price will benefit AoA, a 501(c)(3) nonproft organization. AoA will collect all monies from the sale of artwork including tax through the end of 2017. Payment for work sold will be issued by December 31. A completed W-9 is required for payment.
• Unsold Artwork: All unsold work must be picked up Saturday, November 25 - Saturday, December 2. After July 31, 2018, any remaining unsold work will become property of AoA.
• Liability: AoA assumes no responsibility for theft, damage or liability. The artist is responsible for insurance of his/her own artwork. We will make our best effort to assure the security of the artwork in the display area.
• Inclement Weather: The event will take place rain or shine, so please be prepared