Time: March 21, 2018 to March 25, 2018
Location: Nags Head, NC
Street: 3935 South Virginia Dare Trail
City/Town: Nags Head, NC
Website or Map: http://www.suzannemorrisstudi…
Event Type: workshop
Organized By: Suzanne Morris
Latest Activity: Jan 24
Calvin Liang will be teaching a 5 day workshop at Studio De la Mar, Nags Head, NC, March 21-25. Three days will be plein air with the last 2 days in the studio working on a finished painting from your studies. Calvin will begin with a demo and then spend time with students throughout the rest of the day. Cost $680 A $100 deposit is required upon registration. Balance due three weeks before the workshop begins. To register and for more information visit www.suzannemorrisstudios.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org 804-370-0099.
Please bring a laptop or tablet for the studio days. Alternatively you may have your reference photos printed locally.
Plein air painting is a foundational part of training the eye to better understand the concepts of composition, design, and color harmony. The lessons will include:
1. How to plan a composition that will be effective for the artist’s intentions and preferences.
2. How to see better and use warm and cool color in a landscape.
3. How to command hardness and softness of edges to create space in a painting.
4. How to simplify the subject matter through the use of basic design, value, color, and drawing skills.
5. How to consider the reasons for different paint surfaces, and brushstroke direction over the forms. And
6. How to get the best possible results in a short time.
We will paint daily from 9AM to 4PM with a break for lunch. You may bring your own lunch or order a box lunch to be delivered to our painting site. We will have dinner with the artist Wednesday night of the workshop at my house. Please feel free to call or email with any questions